AMVAC’s Chemical Operator monitors and makes adjustments to the chemical processes manually and through automatic remote means while focusing on plant safety and operating at peak efficiency. The Chemical Operator is responsible for recording data consistently and maintaining logs accurately. At all times, the Chemical Operator will follow safety guidelines maintaining awareness of the hazard of all materials handled. Personal Protective Equipment required. Rotating shifts in a Chemical Plant operating 24 hours / 365 days.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
The Chemical Operator is responsible for the chemical production process including:?
- Proper handling methods for raw materials, intermediates, products and byproducts
- Employing the fundamentals of reaction steps including the sequence of addition of reactants; sequence of events expected during reaction steps and monitoring required temperature, pressure, levels and flows for proper processing
- Operates auxiliary equipment and testing of final product using specific gravity and pH measurements
- Produces products of required quality and quantity safely with zero spills, zero air emissions?
- Maintains log for production records, operations and maintenance data
- Practices GHP maintaining a very high level of housekeeping in work area and properly applying product and warning levels to all products and waste containers
- Determines batch sizing and weight using a handheld calculator?
- Reads and understands Material Safety Data Sheets (MDS) and performs within OSHA & Cal/OSHA guidelines following correct policies and procedures at all times?
- Drives forklifts in tight quarters
Required: Completion of high school diploma or GED equivalent
Desired: Process Technology; Chemistry; Chemicals or related field?
- 2+ years’ experience working in a chemical manufacturing plant or petroleum refinery under the guidance of a lead operator
- Experience in a facility conducting Batch or Continuous chemical synthesis using hazardous chemicals
- Basic knowledge of the functioning of chemical processing equipment including agitated reactors, heat exchanges, pumps, absorbers, scrubbers and instrumentation required
- Experience working with Hazardous materials; OSHA & Hazmat certifications a plus
- Computer skills including EXCEL
- Excellent communication and listening skills
- Must be able to work all rotating shifts on a continuous basis
- Must be able to pass post-offer physical, drug test, background checks and other appropriate tests as required
- Excellent Compensation with Shift Differential
- Health insurance including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Health Savings Account (HSA) & Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with employer matching
- Employee Stock Purchasing Plan with employee discount
- Vacation, Sick & Holiday Pay
- Wellness program
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
AMVAC is proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment background checks and substance abuse testing.