Provides laboratory analytical support for operations units, process chemistry, R&D, Environmental and Quality functions at the Axis Plant. ?
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Working under the direction of senior lab staff, this position performs routine testing/physical characterization; e.g., sample analyses by GC, GCMS and HPLC, pH and density measurements, sieve and titrimetric analyses. ?Records and reports results in a timely manner as directed. ?
- Complies and ensures compliance with all regulatory safety requirements and with all regulatory environmental requirements.
- Complies and ensures compliance with all company policies, practices and lawful directives.
- Performs other assignments as necessary and directed by management.?? ??? ? ?
- This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to dust and/or fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts, loud noises, and/or vibrations.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to a variety of extreme conditions at the manufacturing site. ?
- This position may occasionally require work performed in various and/or extreme weather conditions. ?
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and listen. ?This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling and climbing all day or at various times of day. ?The employee must frequently and safely lift and move items over 70 pounds. ?Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.?? ? ?
Ability to Travel:
- This position may require the ability to travel as determined by management.
Position Type and Working Hours:
- This is a full time, regular, non-exempt position.
- This position may be required to work 12-hour shifts, nights and/or weekends as job duties demand.
- Department and/or production needs determine employee work schedules.
Skills & Qualifications
- Must have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment and be able to read and understand analytical methods and procedures.
- This role requires some training or experience in Quality Control. ?This role requires knowledge and experience related to instrument trouble shooting, calibration and analytical method validation.
- Must have the ability to plan and carry out method validations.
- Must be able to interpret data well enough to generate certificates of analysis by utilizing AX-LABSOP-028 after training and appropriate on the job experience.
- Must be able to train fellow lab staff on methodologies and procedures after completion of specific training and qualification to conduct proficiency testing.
- Must have significant understanding of plant process chemistry, process flow and sample plans. Expected to participate in meetings to generate or amend Quality Sample Plans.
- This role is responsible for maintaining the laboratory retain sample program per AX-LABSOP-007 Sample Management Procedure.
- Must be prompt, dependable and have a good attendance record.
- Must participate in the Safety monthly blood draw program.
- Must be able to participate in the respiratory program, if applicable, which includes but is not limited to being clean-shaven and able to wear a respirator when safety needs dictate.
- Must participate in random drug tests.?? ?
- Must be able to pass a physical and drug test.
- Must be able to pass a Department of Homeland Security approved pre-employment criminal background check.?? ?
- A degree in Chemistry or a related science required.
- CHEMIST l - 0 to 3 years’ applicable lab experience.
- CHEMIST ll - 0 to 5 years’ applicable lab experience.
- CHEMIST lll - 2 to 5 years’ applicable lab experience.
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. ?
- Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
AMVAC is proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment background checks and substance abuse testing.