The Industrial Painter’s responsibilities and duties include safely preparing the surface to bind to the paint, mixing the paint, applying paint in the desired color and amount per specifications to ensure high quality finish and appearance as directed by the Lead Industrial Painter and per company standards.?
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Clean and prepare surfaces prior to painting.
- Proficient in a wide array of painting tools, including thin and thick brushes, airbrushes and rollers.
- Mix chemicals and paints, fill tanks, control viscosity, thinner, and chemicals to mixture as instructed by Lead Industrial Painter.
- Safe disposal of chemical and other types of waste per company policy.
- Identify different painting techniques based on the nature of the surface.
- Set up and operate painting equipment to coat metal products with lacquer, paint, varnish, enamel, oil, or rust proofing material.
- Paint components per specifications, drawings, or work orders ensuring that high safety standards are met.
- Strip, sand, mask, and repaint surfaces, blend and polish finish to match surrounding areas, manually or using portable power tools.
- Utilize special safety equipment such as painting goggles. May use a full-face ventilation mask for extended periods of time.
- May operate lifting and moving devices to move materials and equipment and access areas to be painted.
- Able to read and interpret documents such as blueprints, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Comply and ensure compliance with all regulatory safety requirements and with all regulatory environmental requirements.
- Comply and ensure compliance with all company policies, practices and lawful directives.
- Perform other assignments as necessary and directed by management.?? ?
This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to dust and/or fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts, loud noises, and/or vibrations.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to a variety of extreme conditions at the manufacturing site. ?
- This position may occasionally require work performed in various and/or extreme weather conditions.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and listen. ?This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling and climbing all day or at various times of day. ?The employee must frequently safely lift and move items over 70 pounds. ?Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.?? ?
?Ability to Travel:
This position does require the ability to travel if needed.
Position Type and Working Hours:
- This is a full time, regular, non-exempt position.
- This position may be required to work nights and/or weekends as job duties demand.
- Department and/or production needs determine employee work schedules.?? ? ?
Skills & Qualifications
- Performs all duties and possesses the skills and abilities of an Industrial Painter.
- Participates in troubleshooting jobs and equipment issues.
- Proficient in ability to read standard blueprints.
- Able to work in fast-paced, self-directed environment.
- Strong industrial safe work practices.
- Excellent verbal and written communication abilities.
- Practical math skills.
- Must be prompt, dependable and have a good attendance record.
- Must participate in the Safety monthly blood draw program.
- Must be able to participate in the respiratory program which includes but is not limited to being clean shaven and able to wear a respirator when safety needs dictate.
- Must participate in random drug tests.?? ?
- Must be able to pass a physical and drug test.
- Must be able to pass a Department of Homeland Security approved pre-employment criminal background check.?? ? ?
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.?
- AIDT or Technical training preferred. ?
- Minimum 1year experience in industrial or commercial painting preferred or a combination of education and applicable experience.
- Industrial painting experience preferred.
- Forklift or man lift experience preferred.
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. ?
- Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. ?
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
AMVAC is proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment background checks and substance abuse testing.