As a part of the Engineering Department, the Process Engineer I position is responsible for process engineering; startup, troubleshooting and production of chemical products in the plant; support for process hazard analyses and other facets of the safety program. The Process Engineer I also assures proper process information is developed, reviewed and made available.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide technical support and make improvements to operations, through process troubleshooting and optimization. .
- Provide engineering documentation for sizing of basic process equipment, i.e., pumps
- Provide support for plant PSM system.
- Assist on capital projects and plant start-ups.
- Collect and document operating data for production campaigns
- Develop major equipment specifications.
- Perform hydraulic calculations and analysis.
- Work with Technology group to develop new process designs.
- Development of PFDs.
- Assist in PHA reviews.
- Complies and ensures compliance with all regulatory safety requirements and with all regulatory environmental requirements.
- Complies and ensures compliance with all company policies, practices and lawful directives.
- Performs other assignments as necessary and directed by management.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to dust and/or fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts, loud noises, and/or vibrations.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to a variety of extreme conditions at the manufacturing site. ?
- This position may occasionally require work performed in various and/or extreme weather conditions.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and listen. ?This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crouching, crawling and climbing all day or at various times of day. ?The employee must frequently safely lift and move items over 70 pounds. ?Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.?? ?
Ability to Travel:
This position does require the ability to travel.
Position Type and Working Hours:
- This is a full time, regular, exempt position.
- This position may be required to work nights and/or weekends as job duties demand.
- Department and/or production needs determine employee work schedules.
Skills & Qualifications
- Knowledge of distillation processes preferred.
- Knowledge of process design preferred.
- In plant optimization experience preferred.
- Ability to use Aspen simulator and hydraulic calculation software
- Ability to read and understand P&ID's.
- Ability to learn to troubleshoot process equipment and instrumentation.
- Able to work as a team member as well as independently.
- Must have excellent communication and computer skills (Word, Excel, etc.)
- Must be prompt, dependable and have a good attendance record.
- Must participate in the Safety monthly blood draw program.
- Must be able to participate in the respiratory program, if applicable, which includes but is not limited to being clean-shaven and able to wear a respirator when safety needs dictate.
- Must participate in random drug tests.?? ?
- Must be able to pass a physical and drug test.
- Must be able to pass a Department of Homeland Security approved pre-employment criminal background check.?? ?
B.S. degree in Chemical Engineering from an accredited university is required; a Master’s degree is preferred.?
- 0-2 years’ chemical plant experience with a broad technical understanding of plant operations.
- 2 years’ experience in industrial or manufacturing setting is preferred.
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. ?
- Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
AMVAC is proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment background checks and substance abuse testing.