The Production Planner is responsible for calculating and requesting raw materials and packaging materials needed for upcoming production campaigns while maintaining an accurate physical inventory of plant site. This person works closely with Corporate personnel.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for calculating raw material needs for any and all production campaigns based on both previous and standard consumption rates, while also ensuring such materials are on site prior to start up (if possible).
- Responsible for creating Work Orders for all Production on plant site and entering material usages and consumptions for each campaign, while researching any discrepancies needed. Mass balance sheets are completed at the end of each campaign for future references.
- Responsible for communicating any sales order needs with plant site personnel.
- Responsible for communicating with Customer Service the availability and status of needed Products and any open Sales Orders.
- Responsible for tracking raw materials shipped in and maintaining accurate physical counts.
- Responsible for tracking finished goods shipped out and maintaining accurate physical counts.
- Responsible for maintaining accurate physical inventory of all product packaging materials, such as drums, labels, etc. that are on site and/or on order.
- Responsible for managing Quarterly Inventories of plant site and relays any necessary information regarding inventory items to accounting and auditors.
- Responsible for managing inventories at all outside warehouses, while communicating with their Warehouse Personnel any out-bound or in-bound shipments needed.
- Communicates necessary information and support to the SIOP Manager.
- Comply and ensure compliance with all regulatory safety requirements and with all regulatory environmental requirements.
- Comply and ensure compliance with all company policies, practices and lawful directives.
- Perform other assignments as necessary and directed by management.
This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to dust and/or fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts, loud noises, and/or vibrations.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to a variety of extreme conditions at the manufacturing site.?
- This position may occasionally require work performed in various and/or extreme weather conditions.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to perform light work including but not limited to: ?operating and activating; communicating and listening; detecting and perceiving; sitting or standing; moving and traversing; exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
- ?Occasionally this position may be very active and requires standings, walking, , ascending and descending; position self by bending, kneeling stooping, crouching; crawling and climbing all day or at various times of day. ?At this time he employee may frequently safely lift and transport items over 70 pounds.?
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Ability to Travel:
This position does require the ability to travel if required.
Position Type and Working Hours:
- This is a full time, regular, exempt level position.
- This position may be required to work nights and/or weekends as job duties demand.
- Department and/or production needs determine employee work schedules.
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.?
- Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Skills & Qualifications
- Must have great organization, mathematical, and communication skills.
- Previous product planning and scheduling is required.
- International production planning experience is a plus.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Good organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to demonstrate exceptional customer service skills.
- Must be a team player and committed to working in a quality environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills required.
- Must be flexible and able to adapt to change.
- Good mathematical skills.
- Must be prompt, dependable and have a good attendance record.
- Must participate in the Safety blood draw program.
- Must participate in random drug tests. ? ?
- Must be able to pass a physical and drug test.
- Must be able to pass a Department of Homeland Security approved pre-employment criminal background check.
- High School Degree required.
- Advanced degree preferred.
- Minimum of three years production planning.
- Applicable experience is required.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
AMVAC is proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment background checks and substance abuse testing.